On the Friday before my birthday, Dave's parents watched the kids while we got to go out. We ate dinner at Red Lobster and then checked out the movies at the dollar in Provo. We got tickets to The Giver, but had a couple hours to kill, so we went to Target to get a few things we needed at home. We really enjoyed the movie and had a great time having a few hours without the kids.
On Sunday, we went to the Ybarra's for dinner and to carve pumpkins. They were so nice to celebrate my birthday and I received quite a few wonderful gifts from the family.
On my birthday as I was getting ready, the boys each handed me something they made. Cruise made a paper airplane with a picture of him flying the plane and the letters H.B. on it, which of course stand for Happy Birthday. Jett drew me a cute picture of he and I with some hearts around it. I love their gifts. Before leaving in the morning, I found a card in my car from Dave wishing me a Happy Birthday which was so much fun to find.
I had a therapy appointment after dropping Cruise off at school. On my way to my appointment, I realized I hadn't eaten breakfast so I stopped by Sonic for a breakfast burrito and a hot chocolate. After ordering, I pulled up to the window to pay only to find out their credit card machine wasn't working. I was about to just drive away without my breakfast when the employee said, "Oh, I'll just give it to you free." I almost cried and said, "Thank you! It's my birthday!" It was pretty awesome. Then I went to my therapy session to discuss why I hate my birthday...ha ha ha! But as always, it was a very successful session.
I came home to a clean kitchen and the smell of chocolate cake. Dave was busy cooking and cleaning, and pretty much being his awesome self. The rest of the day was pretty normal, and then we had cake after Dave got home from work.
I got a few cards in the mail from my parents and my grandma with some moolah that we used for my birthday date. My sisters, Char & Ruth, called me to wish me a Happy Birthday, and my sister Abby made me a delicious pumpkin cheesecake as well.
So as birthdays go, this one was pretty good. Thanks everyone for making my birthday special!
P.S. Earlier in the month, Dave gave me my birthday present early. It's kind of hard to hide an 80lb. heavy bag.








1 comment:
Sounds like a good birthday! Awesome punching bag! Glad it wasn't too bad of a day for you! Hugs! We miss you guys, and the boys wish they could come play with their cousins.
Post a Comment