Jett had his well-child check up on the 21st and he's growing fantastic! He weighs 42 pounds (62nd percentile) and is 42.5 inches tall (41st percentile). Poor kid had to get shots. He was due for 4 of them, but I am going to wait on the MMR and Chickenpox until Kindergarten gets closer. But he still had to get 3 because I had them sneak in the flu shot as well (sorry Jett!).
On his birthday, we gave him his birthday present which was a pretty cool Imaginext Batman RC Robot. He'd been wanting it for a couple months. It's pretty awesome. At school, Jett brought donuts for his birthday treat, and luckily there were 11 people in his class, which meant I got the 12th donut. He he. In the evening after Dave got home from work, Jett picked Zupas to go out to eat for his birthday. I'm always ok not having to make dinner.
Jett is doing awesome! He is doing speech at school once a week and is making some good progress. He absolutely LOVES preschool! He gets so mad at me if I ever make him stay home when he is sick or potentially sick. He is learning a lot and loves to practice drawing and writing. He writes his name mostly in the correct letter order; he usually writes it like this: e J t t...except the 'e' is backwards. He is really good with cutting and tracing, and loves to draw pictures of his family.
Jett loves to cook, especially bake, and to build stuff. He also loves robots, just like Cruise, and fishing with his Dad. His best friend these days is Connor McGarvey, his favorite color is blue, his favorite food is spaghetti, his favorite drink is chocolate milk, he loves showers and isn't too crazy about baths, his favorite toy is Batman, his favorite dessert is chocolate cake and pumpkin cake, he also loves pumpkin pie. He also claims to have a girlfriend at school named Emery and apparently she has lovely red hair. His favorite song is The Wheels on the Bus, his favorite t.v. show is Wild Kratts, and his favorite movie these days is Big Hero 6.
Jett is such a great helper and is always doing stuff for me, especially when it comes to Miles. He'll watch him while I have to do some laundry or cleaning, he'll grab a diaper for me or find his bottle when I need it. He is so gentle and sweet with his brother. He also is a great helper with chores (most of the time) and is really easy to take grocery shopping.
I took Jett to get his 5 year pictures this past week and the photographer said that he is one of the easiest kids she's every photographed because he smiled so genuinely every single shot. He's always been such an easy kid to photograph because he's naturally happy and outgoing. But that also causes problems because it's so stinkin' hard to pick out pictures because there are too many good ones!
We love Jett; he's one of the funniest kids we know. I just can't believe he's 5!
No comments:
Post a Comment