"He's two...so..."
Miles continues to learn new words every day. He also is really good at trying to repeat words he hears. He learned how to say 'yes', but he doesn't say yes. If he wants to say 'yes' he throws his hands up in the air and says, "Woohoo!" And that means yes. So just to be clear: "uh uh" accompanied by a head shake=no and arms thrown in the air accompanied by woohoo!=yes. He's also learned "help", "boo!", "book", "balloon", and "go".
He has also turned up the silliness. He likes to wear different helmets and hats around the house. When I try to get him to step into his pants when getting dressed, he sticks his head in instead and he laughs so hard (because he's just so dang funny!).
I win the World's Worst Mother award because I use t.v. as a babysitter. I'm willing to admit that, and yet, I've found my peace with it. Miles currently loves Toy Story and this really weird show on Netflix called DinoTrucks. I really don't understand the attraction, but it keeps his attention so I can get dinner made or help one of the boys with homework.
Miles loves loves loves music. He will dance or bob his head to it whenever it's playing. Even if it's just me playing my drums, he gets down! I love that I can play music and he just soaks it up! Cruise couldn't listen to it when he was little because he'd scream from the sensory overload, I never had it playing when Jett was little because of Cruise, but now that Cruise is older and can handle more noise, Miles is my music baby. Which he should be, he is named after the great Miles Davis after all.
Miles loves his bottle. And I hate it. I want it gone! And every time I'm just about to remove it completely, he gets sick and it's the only thing he'll eat. But if I'm really really mean and make him wait for a meal (which I've been doing the past week), he'll eat real food. And of course he'll make a yummy sound.
I got him to try pineapple for the first time today and he looked at me as if to say, "This is amazing! Why have you kept me from eating it all this time?!"
This is him being caught trying to feed Lucy. I think I've figured out the deal there: Miles feeds her scraps and she'll let him jump, climb, attack, and poke her with a stick all he wants.
Miles is getting so big and it makes me sad. I love his sweet hugs and cuddles, the way he runs at me growling and "attacks" my legs, his giggles and the way his short little arms just barely make it around my neck. Even though I call him "baby", he's really not a baby anymore. And he's only got a couple years until he's not a toddler anymore. I think it's lame that the shortest period of our lives are spent being a kid. So, as much as I want my kids to learn how to work and be independent, I'd much rather have them enjoying every second of being a kid. Because being responsible is so overrated.














No comments:
Post a Comment