Sunday, August 16, 2015

The End Is Here!

Well, Summer is pretty much over and I am looking forward to having a regular schedule/routine. Cruise and I have that in common: a need for a predictable schedule. Anyway, let's wrap up the rest of what we did this summer...

I took Cruise & Jett on a date to Trafalga near our house. They rode the bumper boats that have sprayers, the Mount Rushmore RushCoaster, and played in the arcade.
 The boys did a lot of "projects" this summer, usually trying to to build some form of robot.
 I quit the boxing gym and started working out a home. Hopefully once school starts I'll be able to do it on a regular basis.

 Miles likes to box too.
We visited the Bean Museum at BYU and found that they had completely redone the entire museum. It was pretty impressive.
We refinanced the house and did a cash-out so we could buy my parents' minivan and pay off most of our debt. To celebrate after signing all the documents, we ate at Shoots in the Riverwoods and let the kids play at the splash pad.
 And we taught the boys how to pee on the grass (in your bathing suit) in public without anyone knowing.
Dave purchased a working motor for his boat and a tube so we could go out on the lake and have more fun!
 Cruise started Cub Scouts!!! And he loves it, of course.
 Dave bought me Bluetooth headphones so I can practice my drums. They are so cool!!! And I have the best husband!
 And...we did more boating.
 Jett didn't like the wind and water getting into his eyes, so he donned a giant pair of snorkeling goggles.
 Cruise really likes to go FAST!
 And I even got to try the tube. Super fun!
And to wrap it all up, Dave took Cruise & Jett camping at Silver Lake (I would've gone with Miles but he had an ear infection that day).
 They walked up a stream nearby and caught a Brook Trout by hand that was just swimming in a little pool. They let him go, of course, but it was the first Brook Trout Dave had ever caught.
After dinner, they went to Tibble Fork and did some fishing where they caught so many fish, they couldn't even count them. The kids kept wanting to go back to the campsite but every time they threw the line it, they caught yet another fish within about 3 seconds! So they just kept fishing and did a little swimming. None of the fish were big enough to keep though.
That morning they started to get stuff ready for breakfast (just cereal and hot cocoa) and found that they had bowls, spoons, milk, and....no cereal. Fortunately, Mom remembered the cocoa and a bag of donuts. 

After breakfast, they all waded through the mud and much of the drained Silver Lake (they drained it to build the lake bigger and the dam taller) and found three fishing poles, one of which is a nice Cabelas trolling pole. The boys found a bucket and started filling it with "treasures" they found on the lake floor. 

While camping, Cruise met a girl from his school named Sarah who he gave a Pokemon card to. She ran after the car and cried when he left for home. Poor girl. 

And that's a wrap!

No comments: