Saturday, August 8, 2015

Last Game!

Summer baseball is finally done! It was awesome, fun, stressful, and irritatingly demanding. But it seems like most of the kids loved it.  So that's what matters.

We had to move the game to a different park because our field was overrun by footballers. So for our last game, one of the moms reserved their neighborhood park for that evening. I also had everyone bring a treat to share and I provided WAY too much soda than I should have. And I also arranged for Rowly, one of the mascots from the OWLZ, to come and play with the kids. 

The day had been going awesome; the weather was not too hot and a little overcast. I showed up a little early to the park to set up and a huge windstorm starts and doesn't let up the entire time. In fact, it got worse as the party went on. But the kids all had fun playing with Rowly, catching balls and taking pictures. We didn't get to really play a game since the wind was just too crazy, but I don't think the kids minded. Jett was really irritated by the wind and wouldn't get out of the car to take pictures with Rowly. Finally he came out in time for a big group picture, but of course he threw a fit afterwards that he didn't get a one-on-one pic with the mascot. Miles kept a safe distance from Rowly and made BFFs with my friend Aimee, one of the moms. He stuck with her while I took pictures and helped everyone.
Rowly eating my face. 
For the parents who wanted them, I ordered little medals for the kids. Jett felt better once he got his medal after the party. I have to say I'm relieved to be done with it and a little hesitant to do it again next year. Still trying to figure that out. 

No comments: