Wednesday, November 18, 2015

California Vacation: Day 2

 Day 2 we decided to go to California Adventure.
 We walked in thinking we'd go straight for the Fast Pass line for the Cars Ride. And so did everyone else. We walked past the line and I said, "Want a bet that the line for the ride is shorter than the line for the fast passes?" And I was right. So the boys and I got in line while Dave took Miles.
This is such a great ride. I just wish it was longer. I got a stroller pass, so Dave met me at the exit and took the boys again.
 While they did that, I took Miles to wait in line for the Mater ride. Of course just as we were getting on, Miles saw Dave and the boys and started throwing a gigantic fit because he wanted Dad. He pretty much cried the entire ride.
 
Dave had gotten yet another stroller pass, so Cruise went on the Cars ride with me while they got to see Red and walk around Cars Land.
 
 We then went on the Little Mermaid ride.
And then Cruise, Jett and I waited in line for Goofy's Sky School while Dave took Miles on the Zeppelin.
 So we joined Miles and Dave when we were finished because Miles wanted to keep getting on the Zeppelin.
Then Cruise & Jett wanted to go on the Symphony Swings, so Dave took them and I took Miles to wait in line to see Buzz & Woody. He was a little less hesitant and shy than when we saw the Pooh gang; he definitely liked Buzz more.
 Then we all got in line for the Toy Story ride. One of my favorites!
Then we had a potty break and snack time! Churros! Can't go to Disneyland and NOT get a $3 churro.
Then we headed over to Grizzly rapids that had absolutely NO line. Dave, Cruise & Jett went first and then I went second. And I got soaked. Then we headed over to the Wilderness Explorer area which was fun for the kids to climb around in. Miles just really liked the bear statues. 
Then we went to Bug's Land and rode Flik's Flyers.
I don't remember exactly what else we did, but at one point Dave took a picture of Jett down this street.
 
 And then that evening we had some Mexican food for dinner at the Wharf. This was where things got a little stressful. We were finished eating and the boys wouldn't stop messing around. Dave and I got up to clear our places and the two seconds our backs were turned, Miles fell and hit his head. Which, of course, got the employees all involved and they kept asking if we needed the nurse or for Miles to be checked out. I checked his pupils and the spot where he hit and told them he was fine. By this time we were tired, our feet were sore, and the kids were out of control. So I told everyone it was time to go home. No more rides! On our way out, a parade started, so we let the kids stop and watch it. Miles fell asleep by this time and once again we held him on the bus all the way back to the hotel.

My parents came over to the hotel and watched the kids that evening so Dave and I could go to the park by ourselves. At first I didn't want to, but Dave convinced me that we really needed some time away from the kids. So, we went. We didn't get to hit up California Adventure since they close before Disneyland, but we were able to ride 4 rides before the Disney park closed.
 We did Indiana Jones first,
 then to Thunder Mountain Railroad,
Then to the Matterhorn,
 and finished the evening off at Star Tours.
 We ended up running from one ride to the next, and with the parade, we had to get creative getting from one side of Main Street to the other. But it was a lot of fun!
And that was Day 2!

No comments: