Then Dave went on California Screamin' and I took the boys on the Carrousel.
Then it was my turn! Man I love that ride!
When I got off California Screamin' Dave was just getting off the Zeppelin again, so I met up with them and he ran ahead to get on Tower of Terror. While I waited, I took the kids to Bug's Land because I remembered it had a splash pad and it was super hot that day. So I got everyone's socks and shoes off and let them play. And immediately an employee approached me and said that they needed to keep their shoes and socks on. I looked at her like she was crazy! Seriously?! So I had to rein the kids in and put their shoes and socks on, and because I told them they could play in the water I had to just let them. Afterwards, they were all soaked and despite having a change of clothing and socks for everyone, I did not pack extra shoes. I was not anticipating their shoes to be completely soaked. By this time I was ready to go home, and it wasn't even lunch yet. Dave finally met up with us and then I got a turn on Tower of Terror. We couldn't convince any of the kids to go.
Then I met everyone on Hollywood Blvd. and decided it was time to make our way to the Disneyland Park.
First up! Cruise & I went on Thunder Mountain Railroad, another favorite of mine, and definitely Cruise's favorite. Jett & Miles went with Dave to get Fast Passes to Splash Mountain and met up with us after.
Then we all headed to Tarzan's treehouse to play...I stayed down below because my feet were already killing me. That was probably the closest we got to losing the boys. Luckily we found them pretty quickly.
Then we headed back to Critter Country to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride and go on Splash Mountain. But unfortunately Splash Mountain broke down, so we had to skip that. We ended up spending a ridiculous amount of time in the line for The Haunted Mansion. Definitely not worth it.
After that, we walked to the other side of the park where the boys went on Star Tours with Dave and I took Miles on the Storybook Land boats and the Dumbo ride. Classics.Then we met up and headed to Downtown Disney to meet Abby, Casey & Baby Liev for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe but not before checking out the Lego Store.
By this time, poor Miles was freezing because his feet had been wet all day from his shoes and the poor kid peed all over himself. And that was on his backup clothes, so I didn't have anything left for the little guy. So after ordering, I ran downstairs to the Rainforest Cafe gift shop and found a pair of shorts and socks two sizes too big on clearance and immediately changed Miles to get him warm again. After dinner, we went and got beignets and said goodbye to the Wilsons. It was getting a little cold and dark, but the boys really wanted to ride the monorail, so we got on that and got off in Tomorrowland where the kids rode Star Tours AGAIN and I took Miles on the Buzz ride...AGAIN. And then finally we were pooped. We were all Disneyed out.
Over the course of those three days, we let the boys look in the shops and decide what they wanted to spend their money on. Cruise ended up buying a little gadget from Miles of Tomorrowland and a make-your-own droid, Jett picked a Gaston bow & arrow and a make-your-own droid, and Miles got the bubble gun and a R2-D2 toy that spins and lights up. Dave and I bought a Boba Fett baseball cap for us to share.
And that was Day 3 and the last day of Disneyland.































No comments:
Post a Comment