I love October. I happen to believe that it is the best month of the entire year. However, because it was unusually warm this year, the leaves didn't change as much. But it didn't keep us from enjoying some canyon air.
We made Halloween cookies! Cruise was done after two, Jett stayed and didn't stop until all the cookies had been decorated, and Miles was in charge of covering all my cookies in sprinkles.
This year we chose Hee Haw Farms over Cornbelly's since it was less expensive and just as much, if not more, fun. The kids LOVED the slide the most, even with Miles sliding down in a headlock.
They had a fun farm area where they let you mingle with the sheep, goats, pigs, ducks and chickens.
![]() |
| Cruise saying "Hi" to a sheep. |
| |
| Cruise thinking about how he can catch a duck without getting his feet muddy. |
The boys really liked the tractor train. Miles cried when the ride was over. So they went on it again. And then again.
There was a giant pumpkin they had to lift with this beast.
And a few more fun things for the kids to do.It was a really hot day, but luckily it cooled off the last half of the time we spent there. Whew!
It being so hot, the grass still needed to be cut. Cruise really wanted to learn how to mow the lawn. But I think he might have to wait a couple more years.
Jett gave it a shot too. Definitely a few more years for that kid.
The Big 3-0!
I had to fill in a form the other day with my age...I had to erase the 2. Yep, I'm 30! I feel old. I know 30 isn't old, but once you start turning the age of people you used to look at and say, "Wow, they're old," then I think it's safe to say, "I'm old".
My birthday landed on a Wednesday, so Dave took me out the Friday before to celebrate. Joe and Linsey watched the kids and we headed to the Riverwoods to get pedicures. Yep! Dave got a pedicure! It actually was pretty funny because we had no idea the Trick-or-Treating in the Riverwoods was that evening, so we sat there by the front door as all the kids and their parents came through and watched us getting our pedicures. Dave was pleasantly surprised at how awesome a pedicure is! The massage chair, the foot soak, the paraffin wax, the hot stone massage, ohhhh yeeeaahhhh. It was awesome. I don't think I've seen Dave's feet that clean in...ever.
Then we went to Red Lobster where I ate a ton of crab and a lobster tail. Dave got the Ultimate Feast with some scallops. It was all delicious!
On my actual birthday, Dave and the kids made me breakfast in bed and gifted me some paintings the kids had done. Dave fixed my necklace I had gotten for Christmas and put it on a new chain for me. Dave made me a cake earlier in the day, and when he got home from work, they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me and we all enjoyed some delicious German Chocolate cake! My favorite!
![]() |
| Miles kept trying to blow out the candles. |
Halloween seemed to drag on a lot longer than I remember. Probably because I had to do 2 class parties in one week and then there was Halloween.
The night before Halloween, we all carved our pumpkins! Jett did a Creeper face from Minecraft, Cruise did his own design, a robot I think, and Dave & I did a Storm Trooper face.
![]() |
| I said "No", Dad said "Yes". Luckily everyone still has all their fingers. |
For Halloween this year, Cruise was Ash Ketchum from Pokemon, Jett was a Samuri Knight, and Miles was a Minion (thanks to Ruth for the amazing beanie).
Even though Miles doesn't like candy, we still made him trick-or-treat. Mom & Dad gotta get their candy somehow!After about 5 or 6 blocks, I picked Miles up and brought him home. Dave, Cruise & Jett kept going for a little while longer. They brought home quite the haul.
And that was October!






































































No comments:
Post a Comment