Then we went and visited with his pediatrician where they did the usual well-child check up and a vision test. He passed on his left eye, but his right eye was at a 20/80, so now we need to get him an eye exam. But other than that, he is healthy and happy!
Here are his stats:
Height: 45 inches (41st percentile)
Weight: 50.7 lbs (76th percentile)
Jett has been loving Kindergarten. He isn't the biggest fan of homework, but what 6 year old kid is? I don't remember ever having homework in Kindergarten, let alone every. single. night. but he does it any way and is really learning a lot. It's fun to see him try to write sounding out words and trying to read using pictures as clues. He has finally made some good friends in the class, Dallas, Eva and Jeremiah. I volunteer in his class once a week and it's fun to see how he does in class and who his little friends are. He has such a great class and a wonderful teacher. Mrs. Tipton only has good things to say about him. She says he is just so good in class and such a sweet boy. I am always so grateful for good teachers!
Jett loves Minecraft. He and Cruise can sync their tablets and play with each other, their other friends come over and sync theirs up as well and can play in each other's worlds. I still don't get it, but they seem to enjoy it. We have had to set time limits though since I truly believe Jett would play it all day long if I let him.
Jett is a really good brother and helper, with the exception of typical sibling rivalry. But even sibling rivalry, he is so much better than I was with my sisters. He helps a lot with Miles and loves to play with him and make him laugh. He and Cruise will play for hours with each other and it's so nice that they are such good friends.
Jett loves to help me cook, especially when it comes to baking something sweet. I like being able to teach him how to mix things properly and how to follow directions in a recipe. He is smart and eager to learn. He also enjoys going out with Dave to go fishing. He is really good at choosing which lure to use and usually catches the biggest fish between the two of them. Jett is also very stubborn and questions everything (gee, I wonder where he gets that). Which is good and bad. He is, however, easy to get a long with and has great social skills. He is very giving and thoughtful, but also hates to pick up after himself. He does, however, enjoy helping me clean.
Jett still is our little snuggle bug. He will just randomly ask to be snuggled and I welcome it. He is always so much happier when one of us just spends time snuggling and listening to what he has to say.
Jett started violin lessons in September and has been making some progress, but gets frustrated easily. He may be a little too young and we are giving it some time to see if it's something he wants to stay with, but I sure do love listening to him practice! And he gets such a big smile when he gets it right.
I can't believe he's six already. Why must they grow so fast?









No comments:
Post a Comment