Ten years ago today I became the luckiest person in the world: I became your mom. At 2:27 PM, you came into this world with a head full of black hair and a football shaped head. You were so small and I didn't want to put you down or give you to any of the nurses. I just wanted to snuggle the little person I had spent 9 months waiting for. As a baby and toddler, you were curious and noticed everything from tiny little bugs to the big sky full of stars. You were adventurous and found humor in any situation. I look at you today and you've grown so tall and become more and more handsome every day. You are funny and kind, you're sweet and smart. You are so talented and still as curious as ever. And as much as I hate to realize that you are getting older and bigger and more independent, I am proud of the person you are and who you're becoming.
You, like so many, struggle with things you have no control over. I know it makes you sad and frustrated, and sometimes even angry. I know it can be hard and that sometimes it feels like you're alone, but I hope you will always remember that you are loved more than you can imagine. Know that not only do your parents love you and will always be here for you, but that your Heavenly Father is always there as well, is mindful of you, and loves you more than any of us can imagine. You have overcome so many challenges in the 10 years you've lived on this earth; you are strong and a hard worker, and I am in awe of all you've accomplished.
Cruise, I wish we all could be like you. I wish we could all see the world like you do: with hope and wonderment. With a faith that is so pure and unadulterated. I wish we could all have the resolve to continually try to do better. I wish we all could serve so quickly and easily, and without a second thought. If the world were full of people like you, how perfect it would be. But there is only one you, and how blessed I am that you are mine. You are a light to all those around you, especially to me.
I love you, Cruise. I am proud of you and I want you to know just how grateful I am that I get to be your mom. I pray that this world never breaks your spirit, and that you continue this life with your unique view. And kiddo, don't be too quick to grow up. It's totally overrated.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:
A wonderful post for a wonderful boy! We all love you both so much!
- Dad & Mom
Post a Comment